Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 24, 2011

5/24/11
Dear Family,

I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well at home.  I wish that I could have gone to see the new pirates of the caribbean with you, but I think I can wait...  It doesn't help when Dad tells me that it was equally as good as the first one!  Oh well, time is flying here. 

This week went by incredible fast.  I can't believe that tomorrow I will be starting my 3rd week here!  I'm almost a third of the way done!  I'm learning so much and know that even if I left now I would be SUCH a better missionary just from these first few weeks at the MTC.   

Tuesday will be my P-Day for the rest of the time that I'm in the MTC as far as I know.  We just get time to do laundry, write letters, go to the temple, and then we have the devotional at night.  We never find out who it is until they start speaking, (pretty much) so that's really stressful.  It'd be cool if the prophtet came...  Gordon B. Hinckley's son spoke last week and it was PRETTY COOL.

Today my companion went home for something he didn't clear up before coming out, so it's really hard to keep my mind on anything else as of right now, I didn't really want to talk about it a whole lot because I know that it was the right thing for him to do.  He wants to come back out whenever he can, so I just told him when we said goodbye that I'd "see him in Mexico."  It's sad that he left, obviously, and it's so weird how close two people that are always around each other can get in such a short period of time.  I'm in a trio with the other two Elders in my room for today, until I talk with the Branch President.  He'll decide my fate, but as of now I'm just kinda the third wheel.  My guess is that I'll probably stay in this companionship of three until I head out into the field...

On Saturday we got the wonderful opportunity to go into this place called the TRC (Training Resource Center) and meet some "investigators" in Spanish and then teach them the first discussion in English for like ten minutes.  We were originally supposed to teach the person for 35 minutes, but it ended up being much shorter than that, obviously...  We had to share an investigator with another companionship because there weren’t enough volunteers that night, but it was still a wonderful experience.  The funny thing is that the last person that we were sent in to meet was supposed to speak Spanish, but he was just so old and started talking to us in English.  It was weird talking to someone in English haha... 
  
I'm sorry this e-mail's pretty boring and that I didn't really say much...  Hopefully I'm a little less down next Tuesday, but I love hearing from you and talking to you :)  I love you all so much!! 

Love always,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment