Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 19, 2011

Dear Family,

This week was wonderful.  I can't even begin to describe to you how great the mission conference was.  It was still so nice to see all of those missionaries in one place.  I just think it's something to do with the fact that we all have the same purpose in doing nothing but helping others that makes us all get along so well.  The entire mission came to Orange Park on Thursday and we had dinner, a talent show, and a Christmas devotional.  The talent show ended before we got up to perform "Mary, Did You Know?" and it made us really ad, but then we ended up doing it as a part of the devotional, which was even better.  We sang a couple of songs and listened to the Nativity and then heard the testimonies of the departing Elders and some other people and then President and Sister Barry got up and did a little skit about Mary and Joseph...  Holy SMOKES I could not believe how powerful the spirit was when we left.  They did a part from this play that the church put out of a "recreation" of what might have been said between Mary and Joseph as a betrothed couple when the angel visited Mary and told her that she would give birth to the creator of the universe...  could you even imagine the person effect it had on them?  Crazy...

So anyway, I'm going to play an organ solo at the next zone conference, but guess what? 

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED AGAIN THIS WEEK!   

It feels like I just got here, and it's kind of sad that it has to be just a few days before Christmas, but I got a call on Saturday night that I am getting sent away from Orange Park this Wednesday!  It's always right when you feel that you are getting the hang of things that they switch you out of your calling, or your area, or whatever other thing.  I guess the reason why we are here though is to progress...  Elder Jones and I have been working a lot on our unity as a companionship and I have felt a lot more love for the people we teach lately because of it.  Adriana still needs to find a new job, but I know that she understands why baptism is so important and why she should be out looking for another job.  We set a baptismal date with a young man named Omar last night, after a long time of teaching him...  He we will baptized on the 1st of January.  I can't even believe that is happening, right when I leave!  We read him all of the baptismal interview questions and he saw it as a checklist of things he is going to be living 100% within the next few weeks.  We found 5 new investigators and they are all wonderful.  I think that the Christmas season is really getting me excited to just talk to every single person in the entire world about the great message we have to share with them!  

I am so proud of Dad and of our ward.  I am confident that you will see baptisms as you just keep pushing through the trails of your faith.  Something interesting that President Barry told me to try to do this week is to pray to know that there are people out there waiting for the gospel that I am going to talk to today or this month.  When you receive an answer that there are, imagine how much more you are going to want to find that person or those people!  Just have the faith to find and you will find people to help out.  If you didn't know, 80% of the people that talk to missionaries on mormon.org and are referred to the real-life missionaries are baptized.  EIGHTY.  Just share that website with the world!  Watch the videos and show them to people.  They might spark some interest!

I am so happy that everyone is going to be there to talk to, but I was told in the president's letter this week that I can only talk for 40 minutes!  That seems really short, but I guess it's what the Lord wants...  Thank you for sending all of those pictures.  I cannot believe how adorable all of my nieces are.  Let them know how much I love them and miss them so I'm not some stranger when I come back!  

I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to set everything up with you before I call, so don't worry too much about that.  I need to get a buzz-cut...  :)  I am still planning on going to BYU, even though I feel like it is going to take a 4.0 GPA from now on to get into any sort of graduate school.  Oh well I don't have to worry about that for another year and a half!  You are right by the way...  Time really is flying.  Let Hannah know that if she doesn't get into the music program at BYU that she can always just go there and keep getting better until she does make it in.  I think she is sitting pretty with a 30 and a 3.7 though!  I didn't realize how well she did on the ACT!  I don't remember telling Todd I was thinking about going to Utah State, but I might have.  I just really think that I have come to realize that I'm a COUGAR!  :D  

I'm so excited to talk to you and not sure if I answered all of your questions, but I will have more time to do so on Sunday!  I love you all SOO much and I hope that you have a wonderful time with the family this Christmas.  Let them all know how much I love them too.  I'll send pictures soon and I will send you my new address as soon as I can.

Love,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment