Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013

Dear Family,

I just wanted to let you know that I think it's hilarious what Elder Lundberg has done to his white handbook.  He put a picture of Jack Sparrow in it because, like the pirate code, he likes to think of the "code" more like guidelines than actual rules.  Haha I know it's not like that and we both believe that obedience is extremely important, but we try not to let the rules become our God.  It's been an interesting transfer.  I don't beat myself up over things like that!  Don't worry.  I love you so much and I'm so happy that I got to talk to you.  I'm happy that the Lord gave me the idea to sit down and think about the blessings I have received from having a mom like you.  It was a lot better than just sitting there just smiling at each other :)  

I'm excited for your trip to Italy!!  Be sure to take a lot of pictures and make a lot of fun memories to tell me all about! It should be AMAZING!!  

I didn't really get to tell you a whole lot about what happened this week, but we have just continued to work with the Ward to clean up the roster and find around the areas we end up in.  It's inspirational and makes planning SO much easier!!  Sister Barry calls it iNet and it makes so much more sense than just telling us to go out and visit less actives and recent converts.  It puts us in an area for a reason and helps us to not leave until we find the reason we planned to go there.  I don't know if that makes sense.  This week we gave a list of people that have moved out according to our knowledge or changed addresses and the Ward Clerk was very happy with us.  I feel our relationship with the ward growing and with the bishop as well.  It is building my faith so much and making me feel like I am helping to start a change in the ward.  We just all need to catch the missionary work "wave" like Elder Nelson says, and EVERYONE will enjoy!! doing missionary work.  The Ward Executive Secretary told us last night that since Elder Lundberg and I have been together, the bishop has changed for the better!  I'm just hoping to see some fruits from our efforts.  

We met with several new people and set up a couple of baptismal dates out on Parris Island.  Beaufort is a special place!  I'm loving it more and more each day!  I'll try to get some good pictures :)

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment