Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 20, 2013


Cara famiglia,

I'm feeling pretty brain dead as well after a week like this one.  I went on three trade-offs and ended up having to get up early on Sunday to go to church, so we're both just incredibly tired.  There have been several days this transfer I have just wanted to not get up out of bed, but it's a good thing I set the alarm like ten minutes early so I have time to make the dreadful decision before 6:30 comes around.  I just realized how amazing it is how much my attitude switches from the moment I wake up to a few minutes later when I am feeling great about getting up and ready to get outside and run or something :)  The Lord enables you when you really want to follow him.  

This week was fruitful.  The Lord has been blessing us like I have never before been blessed as a missionary.  I still don't really have a clue what we're doing most of the time, but we suddenly have a bunch of people progressing toward baptism and with dates, not only in our companionship, but in the district as well.  South Carolina is rising again :)  Parris Island is still an amazing experience and we interviewed Recruit Thompson yesterday for baptism.  He'll be baptized next Sunday after Sacrament meeting!!  We forgot to tell him to bring a change of underwear though so he might have to go commando the whole day of his baptism!  Hahaha  I just can't wait to see what the service is going to be like.  We are talking to another recruit that believes everything we have taught and would be fine with getting baptized this coming Sunday if it wasn't for this doubt she has about the three kingdoms of glory.  It's interesting because she believes that some people will be more blessed in heaven than others but can't grasp the fact that they are three separate places...  I need to study that doctrine I don't even think I know enough to answer her haha.  She just thinks that there's heaven and hell and wasn't having it even after we read to her from 1 Corinthians 15.

We met with another lady this week named Jessica that was referred to us by her friend in Tennessee.  Her husband is a drill instructor at Parris Island, so he's not usually around, but apparently both of them are very interested and excited to learn.  We taught her about the Restoration and asked her how she felt and she told us that she feels that she has been lied to her whole life.  She believed everything that we taught and learned so much, just from the hour we were with her.  We explained to her the origin of the Bible and she was amazed that she had never put it together.  (That it is written by the prophets.)  She understood very clearly why there would be prophets today and their role.  We will continue teaching her and hopefully she'll be baptized in the next few weeks or month or so.  :)  She went to the store and bought a skirt to come to church and feel more like she fits in.  She also invited her less-active friends to come :)  It's amazing how the Lord just uses us to do what he really wants to happen.  We just have to work hard and pretty much just wait for him to put us in the right place.  

I have been thinking a lot about my own personal conversion over the past few days and it's interesting because I still don't feel like I'm totally converted to everything that I should be, but I know that I want to be at least.  I think that's enough.  Everything resolves itself with time.  I remember someone comparing life to a slow cooker one time.  You put in the right seasonings and just have to wait a long time before you're actually what you are aiming for.  (If that makes any sense.)  The gospel is great and true, but at the same time interesting like that.  

It was a good week and I continue to learn a lot!  Pray for me that I don't go crazy while I wait for this great divide of the mission and switch to occur in July.  I am so excited to see what things will be like with a new President, in a new mission.  (If I end up in Georgia, that is.)  Keep having fun and pray for me!!  I loooooooooove you :)

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment