Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 2, 2013

That's actually the literal translation of popcorn.  (palomitas) it means little doves.  Yeah, that's probably my favorite food.  I don't know if you remember, but I broke that crazy diet we were on with a whole bag of popcorn.  Is one of the Elders in our ward a Spanish speaker?  Does he find a lot of work being in a companionship with an English-speaking companion?  It sounds like they get along pretty well with you two.    

I was thinking the same thing about the rescue remedy.  The most healing part of them is the way you open and close the container.  I threw it to another Elder and he dropped it and they spilled all over the floor though, so the design I guess is a little bit flawed.  I'm somehow almost completely out of them.  I have been sharing them a lot. I don't know if I should be, but I wanted to see if other people thought they worked.  I can't say for sure.  Thanks for sending them though.  I'm still stressed, but I don't think it's nearly as bad.  

On Saturday we got a call from President Cottle telling us the news and we found out the Elder Johnson's going to another area to finish training with someone else so that I can train another fresh, new greenie. haha  I'm praying that it'll be someone that I'll just immediately hit it off with, but either way I'm feeling more confident that it's going to be better than before.  Don't they usually say that you mess up on the first kid and things get easier the more you have??  I was "released" as District Leader for now because President Cottle wants me to only worry about training.  I say released like that because it's not really a calling, just an assignment.  It's funny because all of the trade-offs that I went on last transfer were probably the least stressful part of it.  I loved being District leader.  We found out that all of the missionaries that I loved so much except for one are going to split off and become their own district or leaving tomorrow to be transferred.  I'm going to be the old, dusty one that's been in the area for months and be part of almost an entirely new district.  We're going to be living with two other Elders now and focus entirely on Spanish work so that my new trainee learns how to be a Spanish-speaking Elder.  Not that you wanted to hear all of that, but that's the news.  I'll send you a picture of the newbie next week :)

I don't get to go down to Savannah all that often, but this week we went down for a trade-off and it was the first time I had been to River Street.  It was really cool.  We listened to some local "jammers" and saw an enormous barge pass by and talked to a couple of people.  The mindset of everyone down there is a lot like what people in high school talk like.  Liberal and weird.  It's right by the Savannah College of Art and Design, so that'd probably explain it.  It was beautiful!  We went into that candy shop because I remembered that you told me they serve free praline samples.  We were basically just tourists.  

Carlos and Yovana invited us to come over to their house early this Saturday so that she can teach me the way that she makes tacos.  It's Elder Johnson's last night, so she's going to make something delicious for us tonight.  I'm not coming home this time until I can cook like an Hispanic.  :)  

It's sad to think that everything is going to be completely different after tomorrow, but it's also exciting.  Transfers are the most stressful time for me, especially when everything is changing, but I think that the Lord will bless us here in Beaufort like he usually does.  It'll be fun working exclusively Spanish again, but I'm not one hundred percent sure about how much work we'll be able to do before we run out of potential investigators.  

Emalie left to go back to BYU, so she told me that her mom would take place in making baked goods for us haha.  It was sad to see her go, but we'll see each other again before she graduates in the spring.  Will you plan on us going to general conference in Utah, with Myles if possible, right when I get back?  That'd be cool if we could be there for graduation and general conference.  Let me know what you think..  It's mostly just a trunky thought because Emalie went back.  

I love you!!  

Elder Moore

PS  will you send me my priesthood line of authority ASAP?  I think that I left it at home and I want to give it to some people that I ordained priests and gave the Aaronic Priesthood to yesterday.  Sorry for not telling you more about that!!  It was amazing!  We were at Parris Island and both of the recruits that were baptized in the past couple of weeks chose me to give them the Priesthood.  We did it in front of the whole congregation, which was a bit intimidating, but I haven't felt the spirit that strong in a while.  I also realized that those are ordinances of salvation and learned a lot about what the priesthood really does in the blessings that I gave.  It's amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment