Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17, 2014

Querida familia,

NEWS FLASH!!

Soo...  The verdict is........  I'M STAYING WITH ELDER ALLEN TO THE END!!!!!!  We both had a couple of the worst days ever on Friday and Saturday anticipating the transfer phone call on Saturday night.  We were pretty convinced he was going to be leaving Pearson and neither of us wanted it.  We waited for the names to be read and when his wasn't, we just screamed and ran at each other and hugged so hard I almost broke my back haha.  It was the most excited I had been in a long time!  On Friday night, we were both feeling pretty rotten and couldn't sleep, so Elder Allen asked me to say a prayer for us, so I did and then we sat down next to my bed in the dark and just talked until like 2:00 in the morning.  It was the best conversation.  I honestly was pretty convinced we'd be staying together after that night.  We decided then that we are going to do all we can to make this the best transfer of our missions.

This week, we didn't really have a ton of appointments.  We had a lot set up, but most of them fell through.  We were able to teach Lesly a couple of times and she has been doing awesome.  She came to church again this week with her cousin.  Her cousin's name is Diana Araujo.  I just wanted to let you know that she is amazing!  We call them every Sunday morning to wake up the family to church and she comes every week, even this week when she was up until 2:00 Saturday night because her baby was sick.  But anyway, Lesly came and I was a little bit worried that she would be uncomfortable alone because her other cousin didn't come, but she ran off to primary by herself without saying a word!  She loves church!

We didn't get to teach Olivia this week because we went down to Valdosta on Wednesday night for a baptismal interview.  We'll be teaching her over at the McDowell's this week again on Wednesday night.  She's awesome too.  I talked to an Elder in Valdosta that's going home today.  He said that he'd be going to the St. George Visitors' Center Tuesday morning to study and go to the temple.  So, naturally I told him to take a picture with Charlotte and send it to me haha.  He's from St. George and from what it seems his family's all really close to the Sisters at the visitors' center or something.  I guess we have at least one thing in common :)  

So, we're planning on baptizing at least 3 people and having at least twenty Hispanic people come to church before the transfer is up.  I don't really know that I have much more to say about this week, but we're going to be seeing lots of miracles in the coming weeks, so be prepared for some good news the next six weeks!  I'm only slighty trunky..  Haha.  WAIT!  I'll tell you this - last night some members wanted to say goodbye to one of the Elders that's leaving us in Pearson and they showed us a video of the Brother's homecoming from his mission.  Now, THAT was a trunky moment.  

I'll be praying for you and also for the Browns!   I'll be forever grateful for the wonderful Patriarchal blessing he gave me.  Give them a hug for me!  I don't know if I ever told you, but while I was in Beaufort I sent him a thank you note for giving me my patriarchal blessing because one of the members told me that was his favorite part about being a patriarch - when people would thank him for being worthy and inspired to give blessings.  I love you a lot!  

I can't wait to see you on March 31st!  Love you!

Pictures:

 This is Elder Allen, Jonathon McDowell and me.  (Elder Moore - your son)

 This is Elder Munford with the White family.

 This is Diana Araujo and her daugher, Mariana.  Aka cutest baby in the GMM.

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment