Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 24, 2014

Querida Familia,

It looks like you had a lot of fun in California.  I was wondering where that picture was taken when Judith showed it to us on Friday.  That dinner was way good that she made, like they always are.  The cornbread salad was good too, I'm excited to make it for ya'll.  

That's too bad to hear about Patriarch Brown.  Seems like it was a pretty peaceful experience for them.  I'm happy to hear that Sister Brown sounds good too.  I'm sure it's still hard for her.  I'll be praying for you two for Saturday!  

That's so exciting about Ryan and Ali as well!  You should tell them congratulations from me and that I hope I get to babysit their new baby sometime like I did with Sadie!  That's a priceless smile she's got there.

This week we met a man named Kiel that isn't a member of the church, but the rest of his family is.  He told us that he wants to be baptized, but we might need to wait a little while for that to happen.  Anyway, he took us out to the swamp on their property the other day to try to show us some alligators, but unfortunately we didn't see much.  There was a fish swimming down the path we were driving on though..  His family also gave us the best cupcakes I've ever eaten.  They got them from a cupcake bakery in Valdosta.  

That's Kiel's son, Kielex (I don't know if that's how you spell it..)  

We also got to go over and do some service for the Carters this week.  He's been doing pretty good.  He says he's been trying to quit smoking for the past month, and that's about the same time that we've been over there visiting him.  We watched the Prophet of the Restoration with Olivia this week and we taught Lesly the Plan of Salvation yesterday after church.  That was a lot of fun!  We played Plan of Salvation Pictionary with her after.  Way too easy, but she learned all about premortal life, our earth life, death, resurrection, the spirit world and the degrees of glory.  She was going to get baptized this weekend, but we moved it to next Saturday so that more people plan on coming.  I'll have to get a picture of her!  

Elder Munford left us this week..  The house hasn't been as fun as it was when he was here.  Good and bad, I'd say haha.  


Here's a picture of the four of us posing like we're a bunch of models.  Haha.  The funny thing is that it wasn't planned, as you can tell from Elder Dearing in the back there.  

I can't believe how fast that week went by..  It'd be fun to see a bunch of people at the airport when I get home, but I'll be fine if you and dad just want to come..  If you do end up inviting other people, you should definitely include those people and Nick Jones.  I think it'd be awesome to do a fireside with Jordyn as well.  You can tell them I'd be OK with doing that!  

I love you a lot!  Hope you have a wonderful week.  Look!  Blossoms in Georgia!


Love,
Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment