Friday, July 1, 2011

June 30, 2011

Eric's new mission assignment is Jacksonville, Florida.  He leaves the MTC for Florida on Monday, July 4th.  Prayers go out to him for a quick, smooth adjustment to his new location.  We think he's going to be a great missionary no matter where he serves!



June 28, 2011
 
This week was alright.  I really got a lot done, but I can't really recall much other than what has been going on these past few days with the hospital and clinic visits.  President Wilkins told me that he would let me know everything the second he finds out, so I hope I'll be in the loop considering I'm not sure if I'm going to Mexico or not.   So I'm just waiting to hear from President Wilkins.  He said he'd probably get back to me on Friday or so.  I don't really know.  I'm not really all too worried about it yet, hey the people of Des Moines, Iowa need missionaries too. :/  I hope I get called somewhere cool in the US at least...  
 
I just feel pretty much like I'm not gonna get a whole lot done until I figure this whole thing out.  Considering I was planning on getting my travel plans this week, I'm pretty bummed.  All is well though.  I just know that there's some unspoken reason behind this.

 
So I really can't think of a whole lot to say because I just talked to you about all of this on the phone today, but I'll just tell you about the Devotional on Friday.  It was so amazing.  David A. Bednar gave the talk and he was accompanied by six other Apostles.  No Prophet or counselors, but it was still an awesome experience.  The people that were there were Richard G. Scott, David A. Bednar, Jeffrey R. Holland, M. Russell Ballard, Dallin H. Oaks, Russell M. Nelson, and Neil A. Anderson.  It was awesome!  He gave a talk encouraging us that we can do it.  He gave us instructions on how to become "Preach My Gospel Missionaries" and really just helped everyone to feel that they were in the right place, unless they weren't worthy...  He really gave a lot of people a hard time on the fact that if you don't have the Spirit, you don't convert people...  My teacher said something really funny a few weeks ago about how we can't be "conversational terrorists."  As in we can't force people to believe something just because of the way that we word the statement or whatever we're teaching...  Haha that was Hna. Smith.  She was so awesome, but we got a new teacher.  I'm not sure if I told you this, but we have a Mexican native speaker for our new teacher.  He is way awesome.
 
Tell Hannah that BYU really is awesome and that really if you just put yourself out there that it is so incredibly easy to make friends.   I really think that regardless of where she goes that she'll be happy.  If she doesn't find any other people in the whole school, I'm sure that she will have an awesome time with her roommates.  I know that I did and I didn't really go out looking for anybody.  College is just so great! (Most of the time)
  
I loved being able to talk to you on the phone today.  Hearing your voice was very reassuring and I am glad that you love me and care for me so much.  I am so glad for everything that everybody does for me.  I'm doing really great, the Spanish is coming along...  Even though the teacher speaks so fast and impossible to understand!  I love you all and hope you are having a wonderful summer.  Don't worry too much and just know that I am still in the Lord's hands! 
 
 
I love you all so much!
 
Eric



No comments:

Post a Comment