Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011 


Dear Family,

I love you so much!  I'm so happy to hear from you again this week.  It sounds like everyone is doing so incredible.  It was just like a dream come to true to hear Hannah that happy and positive and hearing about how school is finally as great as it should be!  You all amaze me so much and I am so proud to call you my family.  I love being able to tell my companions about all of the wonderful things you say to me.  

As for Elder Garnica:  He is from Mesa, AZ and his first language is Spanish even though he learned English when he started Kindergarten...  His parents are from Mexico and they sound like great people.  He is really good at talking to people and everybody loves him.  It gets a little hard even sometimes because the Spanish people are always looking at him, even when I'm talking.  It's like they just assume I can't understand them.  Jaja whatever though it's great.  It just seems like Hispanics like to talk to other Hispanics.  He played football before coming out and worked at a restaurant called Pei Wei to make some money for his mission.  He was telling me about how most of the food at P.F. Chang's is the same as at Pei Wei because they're owned by the same company, but way more expensive, so maybe you should try it out sometime!  Sounds like a steal.  He drives the car and I make most of the phone calls.  We drive a 2011 or 12 Corolla.  It has 5000 miles on it.  Her name is Mimi and she's the same color as your car.  It's kind of ridiculous how new the cars still are when the church sells them.  Most everyone has a car that is no more than 2 years old.  We drive Malibus, Corollas, and Fusions.  They just assign a DD and he drives for the whole transfer, usually being the senior companion.

I remember some people talking about that Mormon.org thing that they did last year and I really do think it helped a ton.  Everyone knows the name "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" around here, which is incredible and I honestly think it's all just to our benefit both as members and missionaries to have people aware of the church.  If people just look a little bit into it and actually ask for themselves if it's true, they'll realize it is.  

This week was great, but not a whole lot is happening.  I don't know if it's because school just started, but it just seems like the work is slowing down a little bit, so keep praying that we can have great miracles and the strength to work twice as hard as before.

The mornings are starting to be COLD here.  It's around 60, but it feels like winter.  I'm getting to used to the heat or something!  It's just ridiculous!  I'll probably need my coat and a scarf in a few months.  I here it gets down into the 40s.  Ahhh!  I can't even imagine weather like that anymore...  It's ok though because the days are still HOT.

I have some different foods I have learned to make for you out here, so don't let me forget because you'll be sorely disappointed if you miss out on this.  I know I won't be able to make it for you for another two years almost, but you should be excited.  I think about how much you're going to love this sandwich every time I make it!  :)

The work is great and Florida's pretty much the same as it has been since the beginning of time climate and weather-wise.  I'm doing great and you don't have to worry about me because as always, I'm in the hands of the Lord!  The only thing I have to worry about it catching pneumonia from being in the baptismal font too long.  

I love you all and hope you have another splendid week!

Love,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment