Monday, March 4, 2013

February 25, 2013

Dear Family:

We found out this week that we've had her name wrong the whole time!  Haha it's actually Taina Diaz, and we've been calling her Daina Encarnacion.  I just don't understand Latino names still though and probably never will!  She is still planning on being baptized, but it's going to be this Sunday.  She's scheduled to be interviewed and is really progressing very well.  We went over to her house on Sunday (yesterday) to get her over to the church because we heard she might not be coming and she just told us that her mom needed the car, so she didn't come this week, but we had a really powerful experience with her at the doorstep.  We talked to her about the importance of keeping the commandments and how God doesn't give us commandments that we can't keep and invited her to pray for a way to go to church from now on.  She was a little bit hesitant about it, but then she did it and the spirit was so strong.  All the stress that we had just went away.  We missed the sacrament because of it though!!  

This week we had Zone Conference, but it was only the Jax East Zone.  It was so nice having such a small group.  It really feels like we're coming together like a big happy family.  Haha we learned all about pride and giving short, powerful 4-minute lessons.  It was a really good conference.  It makes me sad to think that President and Sister Barry have such a short time left here, but it's amazing that they told us that Savannah is being dissolved back into the resurrected GA Macon mission in July!  That's where Elder Jones and Elder Winward were at the start of their missions!  It's good news to hear that they are going to be making so many new missions!  I hope that the missionary force stays as huge as it's going to be forever!!  There's a chance that I might change missions in July, but hopefully not.  My missionary plaque is weird enough as is.  Could you imagine - "Served in the Mexico Cuernavaca /Florida Jacksonville / Georgia Macon Mission from May 2011 to April 2014."  That'll be interesting to explain to the kids one day ;)  We found out that the new mission president's name is President Paul Craig and he's from north Salt Lake.  One more thing I thought I would share with you while we're on this subject.  I was translating my Patriarchal blessing this week into Spanish and I noticed that it says I should follow the counsel of the bishops, stake presidents and mission presidentS with an s if you didn't see...  I thought that was pretty neat.  

It's been raining cats and dogs in bursts lately.  It's nice that we don't have to be out in it for too long.  I'm sure that if I was still with Elders Johnson and McArthur though that they would make me be outside just because it was raining so hard...  Did you know they're both married now??  Elder Winward's trainer has a 3 or 4 month old baby!  It's crazy how fast people move when they get back into normal life.  I wish that I was there to see Hannah open her mission call!!  Let me know how it is and what her reaction is like!  I'll send pictures sometime soon.  I just am terrible at taking them, so I don't have many.  Things are fine.  Not great, but definitely spiritually strengthening.  I'm pretty sure that it's going to be April of 2014.  If not, February.  We'll see.  March is a good estimate.

The Church is true and Jesus is great!  

Love,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment