Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 21, 2013

Savannah Zone Conference
Dear Family,

I'm writing on Tuesday this week because yesterday we had Zone Conference in Macon with Elder Adukaitis of the Seventy and P day was moved to today.  That was an amazing experience.  The part that I keep going over in my mind is how he told us to be missionaries and not tourists.  He also told us that if we want to be a part of miracles that we are going to have to develop greater faith and that starts with greater desire to accomplish more!  He explained Ether 12:6
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that afaith is things which arebhoped for and cnot seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no dwitness until after the etrial of your faith
I didn't really think about what disputing was until he pointed it out to us and it's been making me see that I could probably trust in the Lord a little bit better and not just assume that things are going to turn out any one way.  

This week we went over with several members to see Chris and Maria and we ended up setting Chris up to be baptized.  It's his birthday today, so we'll probably make those cookies that you sent and then run them over to them later tonight :)  Thanks for the care package!  We're having dinner with the Morgan family tonight and they're going to be making us a "Halloween dinner."  Hopefully it's brains and bones and eyeballs and cat litter like at home haha.  

We got to meet with Luis again this week.  He's been passing through some hard times, but he was happy to meet with us.  We took one of his best friends over to teach him and he did amazing.  All of the videos and everything on mormonchannel.org has been so helpful in teaching, especially younger people.  Those videos are inspiring and powerful!  There was a girl just a few weeks ago that started coming to church because she watched a bunch of them and got interested.  

I'll be praying for Aunt Nancy.  It's good to hear that things are going well considering the circumstance..  Tell everyone I love them for me :)  

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment