Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 19, 2012

Hey Family,

This week was the most crazy thing of my entire life.  So transfers were on Wednesday and we got put into a "zebra trio" with our District Leader and then I found out on Saturday that I was getting emergency transferred to Ridgeland, SC.  The furthest south to the furthest North.  The weird thing is that I am going to be serving in the same ward that one of my great friends, Emalie Ingram, from BYU's family attends.  Her dad is the bishop and I will see her when she comes home around the end of next transfer...  Isn't that crazy?!  It's funny because she just wrote me a letter last week telling me to get transferred to her area and then I didn't, and now I'm on my way there!  I'm actually writing you from the mission office right now.  

We had a MIRACLE this week.  Those cards that we wrote Elena touched her so much that she had a dream about being in front of the ward bearing her testimony and thanking them for their love and care.  She talked to Terecina for a while and then when we went back to visit her on Saturday, she told us that she is ready.  It was a mix of emotions, to be completely honest I really wish that I could be there for her baptism, but I was so happy and excited for her.  It is humbling knowing that the Lord provides when you just listen to what he wants you to do.  It's incredible and I honestly was speechless for about a half hour after that happened.  

I loved being in Gainesville.  It was really, ridiculously fun and inspirational and I learned more than I could ever express in words.  Being with Elder Winward was wonderful.  I am so incredibly sad to be getting emergency transferred, but like I said to President Barry, the more that I pray about it, the more that I realize all of the incredible blessings that are in store for all of his children.  I am just an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands and I will just do what he wants.  It should be a lot of fun going up to Ridgeland, being companions with Elder Lee.  Just pray for me that I will be able to stay strong in my faith and that I will be spiritually in-tuned enough to recognize those that the Lord wants me to convert up in South Carolina!

I'm not very interested any more in animation.  I'm not really that interested in things that are going to happen after my mission right now, which is something that I thought I would never say, but I just honestly feel like I could stay here forever.  Just like Ammon said to King Lamoni!

That is a great picture of Madison!  She is so beautiful and I am so excited for her to go out and serve in California.  I still remember that first time I went to the temple.  It was so wonderful and I can't wait to be able to do that again!

Sorry I don't have very much time this week to write, but all three of us wore green ties on St. Patrick's Day :)

Love,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment