Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 5, 2012

Dear Family,

The trees and bushes in Florida are starting to bloom and it is so beautiful here some days.  I have a feeling like you would love Gainesville a lot.  There are just a lot of old houses and flowers and Spanish moss- EVERYWHERE.  It rained really hard on Saturday night, but we slept like babies through it because we were tired from fasting...  Other than that there hasn't been much bad weather.  It's a PERFECT day outside today.  I think it would be great to get hit by a tornado or earthquake or hurricane, as long as we didn't die.  People remember God when they're humbled!  

This week we have been studying and working a lot with the ward trying to find solid new investigators.  There hasn't been a baptism in Gainesville for a while it seems, but we have been working to get everyone in the ward on our team.  We got 5 referrals this week from the youth that we are planning on helping the members teach sometime this week.  I think that when it comes down to it, every single member should make a goal to baptize one person they know every single year.  That doesn't seem too ridiculous, does it?? 

We just got a new ward mission leader named Brother Driaza and him and his family are really excited about the call.  They are Colombian, so it's great knowing that he will be able to help us out a lot in finding Hispanics!  I'm pretty sure that even before they were called, they were out every day making visits and helping members out.  They are a wonderful example to the ward and to us (the missionaries).  Sister Driaza was telling us about how a lot of people go to college to make friends, or even to get an education, but when she went she did it to preach the gospel!  Haha I hope that kind of helps you to get an idea of what they are like!  

I'M SO SORRY!!  I forgot my camera cord today again, so I'll have to wait an entire week before sending you pictures :(  But I haven't been good at taking pictures lately, so I'll take a lot and send a lot next week!  I'll try to let you see some of Gainesville and my companion and just things that we do.  It'll be great.  Be excited!  

This week we taught the most powerful lesson of my entire mission.  We had Elena read the Living Christ and then we shared our testimonies about Jesus and the Apostles and then Terecina (her recent-convert friend) told her about how she knew that God had set her up to come to Gainesville again to hear this gospel.  The house might as well have been on fire, had the roof blow off and legions of angels telling her to get baptized, but she still claims to not have felt anything!  It feels like we have done everything, but we're still just being patient and trying to find other people.  Elena and Stephanie have been coming to church, but just won't set a date to be baptized.  It's frustrating sometimes, but they'll come around!

I can't wait to see what you do with the house.  I'm sure it will be amazing.  I remember when we had that garden show in our backyard on Amethyst Dr. and all those people got to see how wonderfully talented you are at arranging foliage haha.  It's only a matter of time before the news crews are back over wanting some Moore flowers.  

Have a great week!  I love you a lot :)

Elder Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment