Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 12, 2013

Dear Mummy and Deddy,

Carlos and Yovana fed us and the Zone Leaders some of the best food that I've had since coming up to South Carolina.  She made us tacos and kind of tried to explain to me all it takes to make them.  I'm going to have to try a lot before I can get them to taste anything like the ones that actual Hispanics make :)  You're right by the way!  they are DEFINITELY an answer to prayer.  They told us that they would come to church this week after we introduce them to some members that live in their same neighborhood.  They'll have their own car soon, but they seemed legitimately excited to meet some new friends and members of the church that live so close :)  

That is one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen in my whole life of you waving goodbye to Hannah as she goes down the escalator.  It's probably a way different experience not only letting the last kid go, but the little girl.  Haha I don't mean to make you sad.  It's a sweet picture :)  Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun with the rest of the family.  Remind me again why Ryan was with Hannah at the airport...  I can't remember.  Do you have plans for the holidays or anything?  

We interviewed another Recruit yesterday at Parris Island that has been learning for the past couple of months.  He has a very strong testimony already and there was no worry at all after his interview.  Boleware shared some of his knowledge of the Restoration with another recruit in his Platoon and he came to class and understood the message of the restoration.  As weird as it sounds, it's really harder than I would have thought to help people grasp the concept of a need for a restoration.  If they understand what the church really is and read from the Book of Mormon, they're likely to want more.  

This week we'll be looking for even more people to teach as usual, I'll let you know how it goes :)  We'll also be having the first district meeting of the transfer and we're already 3 weeks in.  It's gone by pretty fast honestly.  Hard to believe I'm a fourth of the way through training Elder Johnson. 

You help me out so much and I love you more and more the longer I'm away from home!  

I hope you have a wonderful week!  I'm trying to remember to take pictures, but it's hard because Elder Johnson doesn't have a camera.  Most of the pictures we've taken lately have been at Emalie's because we go over there sometimes on P Day to go fishing with her and her family.  It's been a blessing having her family so close.  They're not in our Ward, even though they only live ten minutes from the building.  Our Ward is completely in English.  We have several bilingual members and one Sister that only speaks Spanish, but she's trying to learn English.  

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment