Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 26, 2013

It was a great week.  I love this District SOOOOOOOO much!  It's going to be hard to see any part of it change, but we're blessed with what we have right now :)  It's been an amazing transfer as far as getting to know that other Elders and Sisters and encouraging them with phone calls and district meetings and district P days.  This week I went on trade off with the Okatie Spanish elders and feel like I helped them to somewhat build their faith in finding and teaching and being obedient.  I think if nothing else, I have realized that the most important thing you can do for another person is love them!  That's what we talked about in District meeting and that's what I've really been praying to be able to do this week!  Hannah wrote me about how she knows that praying for charity works, and I completely agree.  It's really too hard to develop on your own!

Yovana and her son, Antonio came to church this week, but Carlos had to work.  BUT it was still so nice seeing them there!  I felt pure joy in the chapel when I walked in after Parris Island and saw them sitting there in the congregation.  Yovana has a great desire to get going back to church and live her life the right way.  She talks about how she's screwed up and just wants to make things right.  It's so nice seeing her and Carlos talk about praying together and coming to church.  On Friday, we taught them about the word of wisdom and Yovana at first told us that she would live it after she finished her last can of iced tea, but we told her that she could start now if she would just give the tea to us, so she did!!  She gave us these two HUGE cans of iced tea concentrate and we chucked them in the trash SO hard (after taking pictures with it).  Carlos hasn't agreed to give us his alcohol yet, but those will be even better pictures when he does :)  Haha.  It's been a blessing to have them to teach these past few weeks.  I'm excited to see what their lives will be like twenty or thirty years down the road if they really follow through with this.  

Although the mission doesn't feel completely unified right now, I feel like our district is really tight knit.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  If I can continue to learn to love Elder Johnson as much or more than everyone else, things will be perfect.  We have been discussing how we can work more effectively with members and trying to really strengthen the faith of the members of the ward :)  It's inspiring to hear stories about other things that are working in our home ward and from other Elders and Sisters.  There's still a lot to be done!  Next on the list, Chelsey O'Hare. haha I hope she reads that.  

I love you so much!  Thanks for your encouragement!  I'll know what's happening next week with transfers.  I have a hunch that things might change because there are 4 new Spanish Elders coming out.  I don't even know if there are really enough Elders to train!  We'll see what happens :)  

Love,

Elder Moore

The Georgia Macon Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment