Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 5, 2013

 Dear Family:

I got the cookies and they were delicious, but I think next time your should send them in a plastic bag as well :)  Everyone that tried them thought they were way good!  It made me feel right at home!!  Thank you so much for sending those!  

I'm glad you're in Boise still visiting with other family members.  Are you going to be spending a lot of time away from home now that it's just you two??  It's probably a good thing at least at first to keep yourselves busy and your minds occupied.  I hope you're both having a fun and happy time together!  

This week we had some pretty great experiences.  I don't know if I told you about Carlos and Yovana, but I met Yovana in the Food Lion just outside of her neighborhood and talked to her while Elder Johnson was in the bathroom because she walked by and I overheard her talking to the people she was with about how she used to be a Mormon, so I walked up to her and asked what she meant and set up a time to go over and visit them.  Come to find out her husband isn't a member yet and she's been thinking about coming back to church.  That happened about two weeks ago and ever since we've been over there teaching them, they say that they can feel a difference in their relationship and apparently Carlos has been a lot more open and interested with us than he usually is with other people.  We committed him on Tuesday to be baptized, and then on Thursday we set him up to prepare to be baptized on the 14th of September.  It'll give him enough time to come to church and get to know the members a little bit better and they will have their own mode of transportation by then :)  I'm so excited for them!  We have been teaching them for only these last two weeks and I can already feel this profound love for them.  It gives me hope that there are a lot of sincere people out there that really want to live Christlike lives and truly follow him.  The gospel is amazing!  We can ALREADY see a difference in their lives.  Pray for them :)  We were invited to their son's 1st birthday party on the 9th of September as well!!  We get to see him destroy his own cake.  He's adorable!

This ward is a blessing :)  I'm so happy to be a part of it.  It honestly feels more and more like home each week.  We are going to be fed by members every day of this week :D  We also found another less active member with a non-member wife at the same Food Lion and he invited us to come and eat dinner with his family at their house tomorrow night.  There are a lot of things to look forward to this week - Zone Conference, trade-offs and a lot of dinner appointments :)  It's amazing how much the things other people do for us mean to me :)  I hope that President Cottle gives us a lot of good advice on becoming unified in our mission as well as in our individual companionships.  Well, I feel like I wrote a lot this week.  Keep praying for us!  We baptized another recruit yesterday at Parris Island named Justin Boleware and then we just set another date for someone to be baptized on the 18th.  His name's Cody Wolferz and he is really amazing!  He was taught by missionaries before and brings his own quad to church service.  He bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday and was more than happy to set the goal to be baptized in two weeks :)  Boleware told me after the baptism that he was just incredibly happy and feels the weight of boot camp already lighter because of his decision.  He's the one that I told you couldn't get permission from his parents to join the church, so he just waited until he was 18.  He also bore his testimony.  It's such a happy sight to see all of them and an honor to perform the ordinances of Salvation for them.  

I love you all so much and I hope that you continue to have a great time with the family!  Let them all know that I love them!  Have another great week! :)

Love,
Elder Moore
Elder Moore and Elder Beazer with their catch of the day!  How appropriate that it is "shark week!"

Eric with his friend Emalie Ingram from BYU.  Her family lives in his area and they feed the missionaries and help them out.  Her FB caption for this picture is, "missionary friends photo, no hugs." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment