Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19, 2013

It's been an amazing weekend.  I can't believe how blessed we were!  On Thursday we were told that we would be heading down to Columbus, GA to hear Elder Neil L. Andersen at a mission conference!!  That was the last thing that we were expecting.  We drove 4 1/2 hours on Saturday morning to make it down to Columbus by 11:00 and there we met up with the rest of the Elders and Sisters in our mission and the President and his wife and several others.  Elder Andersen came in the room about 30 minutes after we got there and the room was just immediately filled with a different type of spirit.  He was just so confident and pleasant to be with.  I don't really know how to describe it, but he just laughed and talked to us as if we were all best friends.  When he got up to speak, I honestly wanted to ask him how sure he is that he is an actual, living Apostle of Jesus Christ, but I never got the chance so I just said a prayer in my heart towards the end of the training he gave that I would know and sure enough, about a minute later he bore the most powerful witness I've ever heard of how Christ is a resurrected, perfect being of flesh and bones.  I wrote a lot about it in my journal, but I thought you'd like to hear some of the impressions that he had.  He told us to never give up and to be patient with ourselves and our calling.  No matter where you are called to serve a mission in the world, it's a hard experience.  I honestly wish that every day could just be like that one haha.  

This week, one of the Elders in our district will be heading home a few weeks before the transfer ends to get into school for the fall semester, so we'll be in a trio for most likely the next two weeks.  I'm excited to have more than two people in our apartment :)  It's going to be a lot of fun.  

We're still teaching Carlos and Yovana.  It feels like it's been a while since we've had an actual full-blown lesson with them instead of just a principle here or there, but we'll be teaching the Plan of Salvation tonight if they're both home.  This week they met some members that live in their neighborhood that will be giving them rides to church for the next two weeks and they get along very well.  They have been praying at meals and still seem like they're doing great.  It's frustrating to not be able to know exactly what they're feeling or believing, but from what I can tell things are going pretty good. :)  

Love you lots!
Elder Moore

Eric's District in Beaufort, SC

Eric with Elder Quintana

Elder Johnson, Parris Island Recruit and Elder Moore

Elder Johnson, Parris Island Recruit, Elder Moore

Key Lime Pie from the Ingrams

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment