Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 20, 2014

Picking out "new" old ties at a member's house.

"I think I can do that!"

"I can!"
 
 
Dear Family,

This week we were teaching Adrian about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he said something along the lines of, "You really don't need to keep telling me these things, I've already made my decision to be baptized."  I don't get what he's waiting for.  He could be baptized by the end of this week for all I know, he just won't set up for a date, so be praying that he'll stop being stubborn please!  We've set him on a specific date several times, but he never goes through with it, so we're just going to get him interviewed this week hopefully and he'll be in the water soon.  

I don't remember if I told you about the goals we set last week, but we did a lot better than we have been doing talking to as many people as possible.  We met a bunch of cool people, but didn't find many people that really wanted to listen.  Something else I wanted to tell you was that Elder Allen taught all of Gospel Principles yesterday in Spanish!  He did such a good job.  There were a couple of times I wanted to jump in and take over, but I let him do it and the whole class went really well.  The ward mission leader was sitting right behind me and just whispered, "Don't help him!  That's how he'll learn."  Haha.  So I just prayed harder than I have in a while for him to have the gift of tongues.  The whole church service yesterday was just really great.  All of the Spanish members came along with Adrian.  He was saying that he didn't want to stay all three hours because he was bored, but changed his mind after I told him I'd be teaching Elders' quorum.  

This weekend we were planning on going to a quincenera for a member's girlfriend, but we found out that we all have to go to the adult session of Stake Conference, so we were a little bummed about that.  We'll still probably try to make it for at least a little while.  

I studied a lot this week about the Savior and just wanted to end by saying how grateful I am that we don't only have to depend upon the testimony of others to know that He lives and loves us and that the power of the Atonement is real.  I am so grateful for everything that my mission has done for me and would never want it to be any different than it has been.  I love you all so much and I hope that you're able to continue to bless the lives of all those around you wherever you are!  We're all missionaries, whether we're set apart or not.  

Have another wonderful week :)  Love you!

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment