Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

Eric with Investigator Adrian

The Elders in the District with the presents Eric got them for Christmas‏  



Querida Familia,


FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!  I hope that everybody has taken some time to review what went right and what went wrong during 2013.  I definitely did!  I'm excited for this week.  This year has the potential to be so awesome.  I'm excited to see what happens.  I found out that I'm going to be with Elder Allen again next transfer, but our District Leader's leaving..  Sad!  He was awesome.  I'll send you some pictures of the things that have been going on.  We had to be in by 6:00 for New Year's Eve.  We just were in the apartment.  President Cottle suggested we take that time to come up with Resolutions, so that's what I did and then we played games for the rest of the night.  Somebody brought us delicious chicken around 10:00 at night haha.  We stayed full on Christmas candy though.  

I'm excited about Adrian.  We determined yesterday it's probably going to be another week or two before he gets baptized.  He was sick pretty much all last week.  We gave him a blessing and I prayed so hard to know what to do for him to make the situation positive and help him progress..  I was trying to think like Ammon and Aaron about using his trial to demonstrate the love and power of God.  Nothing was really coming to mind, but our Ward mission leader just suggested we go over to set up another time to go back but to just see how he was doing.  We did that and he was extremely happy just to know that someone cared.  The time after that we went back and he was a lot more positive and open than he's ever been.  Change of heart!  I went over to teach with Elder Stewart because the other Elders had taken laxatives that morning haha.  So they were incapacitated...  

We found another couple of people that had been attending church regularly and they stopped progressing because they chose to work on Sunday, but they told us this week that they'd like to continue coming to church and be baptized in the coming weeks.  We're hoping they really mean it.  
We're having a lot of fun in the GMM.  There are some members that asked for our home addresses and your e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers, so I guess maybe you should expect something sometime..  I don't know.  Ha.  

I guess if you eat greens on New Year's day, you make a lot of money in the New Year.  So, the Merrell's (Bishop and his family) fed us ham and collard greens.  It was really good!  I love greens and this spicy vinegar stuff that they put on them.  

I love you a lot!  Have an awesome week.  I'm still not trunky, don't worry :)  

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment