Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 15, 2013

Dear Family,

That is such good news to hear about all of the goals that are being set within the stake and wards.  It's great when you leave a meeting feeling like you have something to physically do rather than to just ponder and forget about.  I don't know what I would choose to give up if I just had to stop something today.  Hmm.  Maybe I would quit getting up at 6:30 :)  Haha just kidding.  

This week was great!  We taught Lazaro about a few of the requisites for baptism and read him the interview questions and he really seems to have no problem at all.  I might be translating for his baptismal interview this Friday, so be praying that I'll have the gift of tongues!  Most Cubans talk FAST.  Like faster than you could ever imagine.  I was just talking to Elder Nelson today about how Spanish speakers just have this natural ability to talk faster than white people can even think, but Cubans talk even faster than that!  It's amazing!  He should be getting baptized this Saturday at 6:00 if you guys wanna come haha.  He is so ready.  He told us about how the other night he was stressed out by a run in with some vandals around 4:30 a.m. messing with his car, so he had to fill out a police report and was just having a rough night.  He told us that when he went back inside, he sat down and read the Book of Mormon and a sense of peace just filled him to the point that he could relax and just go back to sleep.  He explained what sounded just like the Holy Ghost to us.  He's praying and reading every day and is always early to church!!  So good :)

I am doing fine, I don't really need much - prayers, long-distance hugs and kisses.   

Love you so much!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment