Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 11, 2013

Dear Family,

It happened!  I'm staying in Beaufort meaning, GMM HERE WE COME!!  Elder Lundberg is being transferred down to High Springs, FL and I will be serving with another Spanish Elder, Elder Phelps!  It's his last transfer and from what I hear, he likes to work haha.  I'll tell you all about him when I meet him.  

It's been a LONG week.  We have been learning all about desire and diligence so that everyone doesn't just sleep for the last month before the great divide and it's been somewhat helpful.  It's been a difficult transfer because we're just so far from everything, it's hard to feel responsibility at times.  Recruit Jonica Hernandez was baptized on Sunday!  I'm so happy for her :)  She has family that are members back home and was fellowshipped and invited to church by another recruit at Parris Island.  It's still so amazing every Sunday that we get to go out there and teach them.  She was the first person that I have ever actually performed the ordinance of baptism on, outside of the temple.  It was really an honor and I feel great to know that I hold the authority to do that!

I'm so excited to hear about Charlotte as well!  I wish that I had more things to tell her and Hannah about preparing that would really help them to be "great missionaries," but when it comes down to it I think that it really is a completely different experience for every person from what I have seen.  I'm proud of them both and expect to hear great things :)  

It's been a great week.  A lot of people were baptized last week in the mission...  About as many as were baptized in the whole month of May, so I feel that the Lord is blessing the Barrys for their faithful and incredible service.  They spoke in Sacrament Meeting in Beaufort on Sunday and it was the last time that I will see them until I go back to Provo for school...  It's definitely going to be sad to see them go, but I'm happy to know that there are people that faithful in the world and that they did everything that the Lord wanted them to from what I can tell.  They say that the greatest measure of success, however, will come when they see who their missionaries turn out to be in ten and twenty years.  I think that their efforts in converting their Elders and Sisters have been marvelous.  

Keep praying for me!  I love you so much and I hope that you like the letter I sent you for you birthday.  Sorry it was late :) 

Love,

Elder Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment