Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 24, 2013

Dear Family:

Can you imagine what it would be like if a non-member saw what went on in that Broadcast last night??  How could this possibly NOT be the true Church of Jesus Christ?  It was amazing seeing the amount of missionaries in that choir in the Marriott Center.  Everything that was spoken was so inspiring.  Elder Phelps and I have been talking a lot about what we are going to do to help the ward to grow and that Broadcast opened our eyes even wider to all of the wonderful possibilities there are.  It's a great testimony to me to know that there are members, like you, really trying to reach out to get to know their neighbors and be anxious to share the gospel with them.  Didn't you love what Elder Nelson said?  I think that presentation with that southern accent lady was my favorite part of the whole broadcast.  I loved when he described his mission companion's experience on the plane ride.  "I'm a Mormon, ARE YOU?" The testimonies of those leading this church, under the inspired instruction of the Lord, make me so excited to get out and share this with everyone.  I honestly wonder at times why everyone isn't a member of the church.  There will be many more soon though.  Hannah and I are so blessed to be a part of this time of missionary work.  We have an army out preaching the restored gospel to every part of the world.  

This week will be the last week before President and Sister Barry leave.  We have been finding a lot more people that usual.  We have several new investigators that are pretty active in their own churches, but they are very interested at times during our teaching.  We found out that a boy that has been attending a while named Luis is not a member of the church.  He comes with the Bishops granddaughter every week and told us that he would be fine with us teaching him more about the "basics" of the church.  His parents are Hispanic, so hopefully we see something from that!  We hope to start helping members to get to know their neighbors more and to be friendly and open in sharing the gospel. I'm guessing that President Cottle is going to have a lot of things to tell us next week about the way that we are going to move forward as a new mission.  

I'm still the District Leader and still don't really know much, but it's been great.  District Meetings have been great and I really love my District.  We talk pretty frequently with each other and I'd say we're all pretty close.  I don't know of much more that I could be doing.  Pray that I pick back up though.  I have been slowing down a lot because of the transition we're making between Presidents.  I love you!!!

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment