Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 29, 2013

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  I can't imagine anything better I could possibly hear than all of the good news that I have received this week from everyone!  I'm so incredibly proud of Hannah and I remembered to pray for her last night before she got set apart.  I hope that she loves her mission and that she endures it well :)  Hearing about Myles deciding to be baptized is probably the best news that I have ever heard in my entire life.  Serving missions really does help others to see the light of the gospel.  That is a MIRACLE.  I'm so proud of Hannah and Myles for that as well.  

This week, as you could imagine, has been pretty rough, but it's really not nearly as challenging as I thought it would be.  Elder JOHNSON is the name of my son.  Same name as my father :)  (mission father, that is :))  He is from Eagle Mountain, UT, which is apparently part of Utah County.  West side of Utah Lake.  I didn't know where it was, but I know the area...  He's incredible!  I have never seen a missionary more excited.  I haven't detected a single OUNCE of homesickness from him.  It really is a huge blessing.  I think that I scored it pretty easy, for now at least :)  I am excited to see how he turns out.  He's really good and bold at teaching in English and talks a LOT.  His Spanish is better than he knows, but he has a rough time speaking in front of people.  I can't believe how long ago that was.  I try to be compassionate and remember what it was like when I was there, but it's hard because that was a LIFETIME ago.  I'm happy with him though.  I'm still district leader, and ANOTHER set of Elders was added to the district this transfer, making us a total of 10 missionaries in the district.  I have to do 7 trade-offs in the next 6 weeks.  I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it, so I'll probably be released soon.  

I'm so happy to hear that ya'll are having a grand old time over there with the brothers.  This week, we talked to a lot of Hispanics and I got a little bit down because I'm not sure exactly what to do about the Spanish congregation here, but Ivan came out with us on Friday and he was SO strong-spirited.  I can't believe that he's only been a baptized member for the past week!  We would be teaching and he just would say "tell them about the gold plates" or "tell them about the sabbath day."  Haha he's SO excited about the gospel.  It's amazing what newfound light and knowledge does to you and others around you.  My faith has pretty much  been carried by the testimonies of others lately and my own testimony is still solid as ever.  This IS the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am called of Him to declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life.  It's been the greatest blessing of my life. 

Thank you for the amazing e-mails.  They get me through the hard times and remind me that I am blessed beyond all belief.  I didn't get the package yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it :)  I love you!!  

Love,

Elder Moore
Eric's "son" Elder Johnson, a brand new missionary that Eric gets to train.  He's from Eagle Mountain, Utah and just arrived in Beaufort this week.  His trainer was an Elder Johnson and now he is training an Elder Johnson. :) 

Elder Moore and Elder Phelps

Elder Phelps is done!  He's going home.  This is Eric's friend from BYU, Emalie, and her brothers.  Looks like her little brother likes Eric a lot.  They have been a great support to the missionaries in Beaufort.  One of the many blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ!  These other two Elder's must be going home as well?  Not sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment