Monday, December 30, 2013

December 23, 2013



 
 
That's some really depressing news, I'm crying too, but I'm glad you told us.  She's sitting on Jesus' lap, just like Hannah said.  I'm also with Hannah in wishing that I had been there during her last days.  I don't really even feel a connection with the pets that much anymore, but Molly had a really close place in my heart.  I don't know if I already told you, but I'm probably going to get a Westie as well.  Whenever I'm finally able to own my own dog, that is..  Speaking of pets though this morning I was cleaning the house and went outside and heard these little meows, so I meowed back until I could find where it was coming from and I looked up in a tree and there was a poor little kitten looking down from one of the highest branches.  I didn't want to climb the tree, so I got another Elder to do it and we rescued it!  We set it on the ground and then we were getting it some food but when we went back out front there was this big dog sitting in the yard, so I'm hoping it ran away.  Hopefully it wasn't eaten or ran back up the tree!  
So, anyway, onto relevant things!  We reset Adrian's baptismal date for the 4th of January.  I tried to convince him how cool it would be to be baptized on the 1st, but he wouldn't go earlier than the 4th because he works throughout the week.  We have been teaching him and on Saturday a bunch of his friends came over and we taught them all.  It was a lot of fun, a little bit overwhelming!  They like to talk!  We invited one man to pray at the end and mid prayer Adrian jumped in and finished it and then Adrian's brother wanted to say his own prayer, so it was just a cornucopia of prayers.  Adrian came to church the next day!

We taught Sergio and Elizabeth's family again this week and most of them have been having a hard time reading because the print is too small, but Sergio has been reading ever since we gave him the Book.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation with the Araujo family and we're just hoping and praying that the Lord will show them what they need to do!  

Pearson had a parade this week and the Ward had a Christmas Party.  Last night was pretty cool!  We got to attend a baptist church at the request of one of the members of the Pearson Ward and I played piano for one of the songs.  Ever since my ability to play piano has been discovered last week, I've been approached so many times asking to help out!  I guess you could say that's PRETTY COOL.  Did you get it?  I'm going to send you some pictures of us with Santa and maybe a few others!  I need your Skype name!  I don't remember it..  Something about Hans?  :)  Haha Hans Joy Moore...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Thanks for sending those presents again and for the treats :)  We'll be caroling and delivering tomorrow night!!  I also made peppermint bark for us!  Delicious!  Thanks for teaching me to cook great things.  We also made fried chicken a couple of days ago.  Blessed South!  Love ya'll  :)  Les amo muchisisisissiisisisisisimo

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment