Sunday, December 15, 2013

November 4, 2013 (Out of order)

Dear Familia:

It was a great week!  I don't know if I've really told you a whole lot about them, but there is a family that was baptized about a year ago with two different last names - Hatfield and Welch.  I think Leah wanted to keep her name because the Hatfields are a really famous family because of something called the Hatfield and McCoy feud that happened a little while ago.  She tells us CRAZY stories about her grandpa and great grandpa..  But anyway!  Leah and her two kids were baptized last year and Nate, her husband is still investigating.  I've taught them several times and really get along with them, but because they're English-speaking only, we gave them to the Sisters but they gave them back so we've been teaching them a while.  Haha that was really long and boring I hope you understood though.  So, we've been teaching him lately and the lessons have been more powerful than ever.  We got him to say the other day that when he comes to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God that he will be baptized.  We taught him a little bit more about the significance of the first vision and testified of it's truth and the spirit MUST have told him it was true.  He was impressed because we had just been talking about how the argument of whether the trinity is one or three could go on forever, but he understood that the first vision would clear that up as well if it really did happen.  We invited him to read the Book of Mormon every night to show the Lord his desire to know the truth and he said he'd do it.  I'm excited to see what will happen in the next few days!  Elder Wright and I both bore testimony about being in the sacred grove and feeling that special spirit there, where the first vision actually occurred.  Did I ever tell you that Elder Wright played Laman in the Hill Cumorah Pageant last year and that his dad is the one that choreographs the fight scenes?  I thought that was awesome!  He's from Orem though, not Palmyra..
We had a great fast and testimony meeting yesterday and Leah Hatfield actually invited Elder Wright and I to stand in the circle to bless her new baby.  It was tender!  It reminded me of when Sadie was blessed and there were like 50 hands under her haha.  Big families are a blessing!  A bunch of nonmembers got up to bear their testimonies at Parris Island and talked about the spirit they feel and everything they're learning.  It's always cool to hear that.  It never gets old.  I told President Cottle last week that I hope I serve here until the end of my mission!  He told me probably not!  Dang!  It'll be fun though to come back!  It might sound touristy, but I heard last night there's a 3500 pound great white shark at Hunting Island just waiting to attack.  Maybe we'll see it one day when we're running over the bridge!

Chris has been really sick for a while.  We haven't been able to see him as often as we'd like, but we're still praying and working with him.  They know most of the ward by now though.  We've taken a different couple over there every time we've taught.  We're still hoping they find their niche in the ward.  We're having troubles meeting regularly with Luis because he's been pretty busy in school and cross country, but he came to church this week.  What's really been helping more than anything is asking his friends for help to set things up.  It's been amazing to see the youth hard at work spreading the gospel!  I think I said that last week as well, but this week a family came to church because of the invitation of one of the youth!  It's cool to hear about that group of teenagers from Hannah.  It's getting even simpler to share the gospel because of things like Facebook and Mormon Channel.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Well, that feels like a lot of writing!  I hope you had a good week, too!  I love you!!!

Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment